New Batteries but No Power

swansong

Hi All,

I am looking to you for some help/advice. A year and a half ago I purchased a 2006 EZGO electric cart. I has run fine, but the old batteries finally bit the big one. I purchased and correctly installed ( took a photo to insure correct placement/connection) new batteries. Quite proud of my accomplishment, however one big problemstill have no power. I have read that there may be a reset button. I don't have the correct tools to get to the motor, but thought I would take a chance and see if you all could offer any suggestions......please not too technical...I am blonde.
tongue.gif

Thanks
Patty aka swansong

bigdog29609

Is it a PDS cart (forward / reverse switch on the dash)? If so, did you put the "run/tow" switch in the tow mode before you started disconnecting wires? If you didn't, you may have blown your motor controller. You can try flipping this switch to tow for a minute and then back to run and see if it starts running. I can sell you a remanufactured controller at a great price if you need one.

swansong

BigDog,

OMG, you are my hero. I did just what you said and immediate power!!!! I have the charger plugged in and amps read 6. Is this what new batteries should be.???

Thanks again for taking you time to help me.

Patty

bigdog29609

If the batteries already had a good charge, 6 amps sounds ok. The charger will cut off when it gets to 0 amps. This could still take many hours. Glad I could help. If you need any parts or accessories, give me a call.