New 6" All Sports Lift Kit & Wheels Installed

gig_em

Very pleased with the new 6" lift kit, wheels & tires from All Sports! I'm a newbie & was able to install everything with my 2 sons. I've attached before & after photos. I do have a question regarding the brakes post install. The brakes were weak before the installation but they are really bad now. Any recommendations to what I should do with them (new pads, cables, adjustment)?

Attachments

• IMG_20201226_101643862_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201226_101643862_HDR.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201227_120015037_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201227_120015037_HDR.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 53

gig_em

Your backing plates may need replaced if the pivots are worn out.
How do I check those? I do know we had a ridiculous time getting the pins from the cables back in the lever arm because the cable seemed tighter after the lift install.

gig_em

Did you ever get the brakes working good on your EZGO after installing the lift kit?
Sorry for the late response. Yes, I put both new pads & drums on the cart and brakes are working great now.

I do have another question now though. I am having an issue with the top leaf spring on the front lift of this cart. The cart is used daily on our farm and the terrain is pretty rough and bumpy. Below are some pictures of how the spring is sliding towards the passenger side and back a bit. It wouldn't bother me much except when it slides it squeaks and is very annoying. Hunting season is about to start & I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue and what I can do to resolve it.

Attachments

• lift1.jpg
    lift1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 13
  • lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 13

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's an All Sports lift kit I'd give them a call and see what they have to say about the top leaf shifting in the spring. You might want to email them a copy of the pictures you posted here.

gig_em

I have called. Didn't really get any suggestions other than maybe insert a "pad" between the leaf springs.