Need some help with an old Cart....

sv313

Hello all...I'm new to this forum because my future Father-in-Law has just given me an '83 EZ-Go 2 Stroke golf cart. Atleast, I think it's an '83 (Model Number shows G 0483). The kicker is.....this thing hasn't been started in nearly 10 years. I have a few questions....

Obviously, the battery is dead. Is there a certain kind or type of battery that I should buy?
We can't seem to locate an owners manual for this cart. Can I find one on this forum? If not, where then?
Due to the fact that this thing hasn't started in 10 years....what should I look into in order to get this thing running correct? Clean the carb? Clean the gas tank? Replace or clean or check the Oil pump? Will I need to replace all gas lines? Any help with these details will be of HUGE help.
Anything else that you guys can think of?
Also, if I wanted to order parts (wheels, seat covers, replacement parts) where's a good place to go for that?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,
Billy

BadToTheBone

A plain old cranking battery is all you need. Make sure its size will fit in the cart. A owners manual is gonna be hard to find for a 83. You can buy service manuals from the online parts places like BU.
To get it running clean the carb pull the plug and shoot a little oil into the cylinder clean the gas tank. If there is nothing wrong the thing should fire up.

sv313

Update....

Hey all.....Good News!! The cart is up and running. Rather well I must say. Here's my next set of questions.

After spending about 2 hours on eBay last night, I see that there are a number of different types of EZ-Go carts. How do you know if you have a "Marathon", "TXT", "PDS", etc?? For this year cart....my guess is that it's a Marathon. Is that correct?

Next, when looking on eBay, it appears that the only upgrade I can buy for this cart is a 4" Lift Kit. However, what I'm really looking for is a nice set of Wheels and Tires. Is there a good place to look for these? Also, what if I wanted to add a windshield and canopy....is that possible? What about a back seat? What about replacement bodywork? A new dashboard??

I'm going to want to replace a bunch of parts, but I can't seem to find too much on eBay for this year cart. Any help??

- Billy

ez chris

I bought my tire's on e-bay. got a great price. just type in the size of tire you want.I have an 84 ez-go and no there is not a hole lot of parts for these old carts. just your basic stuff. there are some stores on e-bay that sell cart part.but i mostly get my stuff from b.u. or i fabricate it myself. or you can sometimes find universal parts that might work as well.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like ez chris said there's not a lot of aftermarket parts available for a 83. I think buggiesunlimited still sells a rear seat kit. They also have a big selection of tires and wheels. Jakes's also has tires and wheels. You can still get the rubber body trim but the body panels are scarce. Golfcarttirestore has a big selection of tires and wheels to...