Need Info on Club Car Body Removal

xiler8d

I'm doing a customization and rebuild project on a 1998 Club Car DS that I bought and I'd like to either replace the body, or at least remove it for painting and to clean up the frame. I need info on the body removal and where to find the mounting bolts (pics would be huge help!). Thanks again everyone.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's pretty easy to remove a Club Car Body. Take your time and you'll be fine. Here's a couple diagrams that show all the bolts and mounting points. Let us know if you have any questions.

Club Car Front Cowl Diagram
clubcar-front-cowl.jpg

Club Car Rear Body Diagram
clubcar-rear-body.jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nice HRC :hattip: people sure can't say they don't find or can't get 99% of there questions answered on this forum. :thumbsup: :usa:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks Nubs!! :cool:

Having members that help answer questions is what makes this forum what it is. Without the knowledge of our members this place might have been gone a long time ago... :hattip:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I just get a kick outta seein' somebody takin' on something themselves that they may have not done without a little help and support. i have already paid for my lessons so why should the next guy :dazed:

This country was built on helpin' the other guy, its sad to see that fall to the wayside, and.. we see what there doin' at the wayside's now a days :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

xiler8d

"WOW" is all I can say. These diagrams are more than I ever could have guessed to get. You really have gone above my greatest expectations. I can't thank you enough. Seriously, if my golf cart turns out to be close what I've imagined, It's gonna rock with a lot help from everyone at Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. Thanks again!!! :thumbsup:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, your welcome. Thanks for the compliment on the site. Keep us updated on the progress with your cart... :thumbsup:

rustyhook

I needed to swap out a blown motor on my Club Car and googled this thread. The pictures were a great help, Thank you! :D

jburto5

Does that drawing come from a parts diagram? Nearly all of my hardware is rusted/corroded and I need to purchase new hardware. If that drawing does come from a diagram, can you link the parts diagram that references all of the hardware sizes?

By the way, your post is fantastic. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

TucsonGirl

I am also undertaking a "rebuild" of my golf cart. I am doing the small work to break down my existing cart, removing the seats for new upholstery, replacing the worn brake and "gas" pads, etc. When the new body and other parts arrive, my local free lance golf cart repair guy is going to pick it up and take it to his shop to change out the body. I ordered the body from Extreme Kartz, a Double Take body kit. I wish I was able to do it myself. My husband is just not that handy. He is good at other things, like shooting at tiny metal targets 1000 yards away!