need help

kart21

I have a 85 ClubCar and it will run at lowest speed and then at highest speed but there is no change in between the resistor coil on the right hand side (if standing at back of cart) was broken and I took it off and welded it back then reinstalled it which didn't fix the problem and that same coil get very hot. What do I need to try next? Thanks in advance and glad I found this web site.

shadowman

you can,y use regular solder on them you need silver solder.......for the price of them why not just replace it and make sure all soleniods are working also................clean the buss bar and ckeck all the micro,s if this is a 5 soleniod setup.....................................
cool.gif

kart21

this is a five soleniod set up i tried to use silver solder but it wouldnt hold since my first post i have put a meter on all solenoids limit switches and coils all seem to check out ok except the 2 coils on the passenger side of the cart. are these the mid range speed coils. there is a wiring diagram on this web site for a 85 cc but i still dont know the sequence they should operate in. and thanks for the suggestions

shadowman

yes they run from left to right.........1st soleniod ( drivers side ) is the master and the rest are speeds 1st,2nd,3rd,4th.......jack the rear up and liston for all of them to click as you slowly press pedal down and watch wheels..........if you get to say the 3rd soleniod and it dosn,t click than its not working no matter what the meter says......................have you checked the micro switches? in the silver box mounted to frame rail by front left batteries......................................
cool.gif