need help with purchase

dunl

I'm going to look at a cart today, but I need help. I am so new to this that I don't even know what questions to ask. It is supposed to be an EZGO cart, it has a 6.5hp Briggs and Stratton motor, but it's not set up for reverse.

What do I need know in order to know if this is going to be a good purchase or not? How hard is it to put reverse into these?

DWscott

It sounds as if someone has changed motors and it could be a real mess? If it has no reverse you would need to replace the differential or repair it as the reverse on a gas cart is part of it. Any way could cost you much money, If the cart was originally a electric cart there is no provision for reverse as its swiched by the moter.
If you really are interested in the cart get year and serial number and let us help you with advise.
I would say BUYER BEWARE???

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum to both of you...

I agree with DWscott. It sounds like the cart was originally a 2 stroke or electric sou you would need a 4 stroke rear end to get reverse. The 6.5 horsepower Briggs & Stratton engine is going to have trouble pulling the weight of a golf cart. I'd pass on it...

BadToTheBone

welcome.gif

I'd have to agree. You might be better off looking for something that hasn't been rigged.