need help with a lifted cart concerning offset

jrockstangs

hey guys newb here...i just purchased a 6" spindle lift kit for my cart...here lies the problem/question i have..i just spent almost 500 on new dot tires with stock steel rims... what can i do to compensate for the offset that they require? can i just buy spacers...god do i hope so cause i really dont feel like shelling out more cash for more rims..thanks in advance
:unsure:

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
what kind f cart and year???? also what spindle lift did you get....

you can use spacers but not recommended....

are they dot knobby tires???

almost all lifts need a 10" or bigger....

welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

jrockstangs

they are dot street tread tires...1999 club car gas...buggies unlimited 6"spindle kit...and the rims are just standard 8" rims with 18x8.5-8 tires...thanks again in advance

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There are a few lifts that will work with a 8" wheel but I'm not sure if the BuggiesUnlimimited spindle lift is one of them. The lift may work with your 8" wheels and wheel spacers. Your best bet would be call them and ask.

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Here is a Copy/Paste from BU online catalog... :hattip:

Home : Lift Kits: Club Car Lift Kits : Buggies Unlimited 6" Spindle Lift Kit for 1982 & Up Club Car DS Models
Buggies Unlimited 6" Spindle Lift Kit for 1982 & Up Club Car DS Models
BuggiesUnlimited; LKT CC5 041;
Item# LKT CC5 041
Price: $199.99
QTY

Bookmark and Share
Review:

Rate this product

Product Details
Customer Reviews

The Buggies Unlimited 6" Spindle Lift Kit isn't made just for off-roading enthusiasts. The low cost and easy installation also make it ideal for the golf cart owner who wants to lift a Club Car for casual driving or even just for a tougher appearance. Take it through the woods or drive it on the street - it's perfect for both!

Fits 1992 & Up Gas, and 1982 & Up Electric Club Car DS models
Kit replaces the existing spindles and lifts the complete chassis for additional ground clearance, not just the body
Manufactured to increase your safety - the unique new camber adjustment mechanism gives you more control over the steering
Allows you to install tires up to 22"
Easy, bolt-on installation; no cutting or welding required
Step-by-step instructions included

*Note: Please check your wheel bearing covers before ordering. This lift kit will work on golf carts with silver galvanized dust covers only (NOT black dust covers). If your golf cart has black dust covers (the 2003 & Up Club Car DS models), you will need to purchase an additional front hub kit (SUS CC0 LKT) along with this kit.

Also, you will need to drill a 1/2†hole on the forward plate of the upper clevis of this kit.

All lift kits are shipped Standard UPS Ground only.

Note: Offset rims are required

:hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes it was and the spacers he asked about would take care of that. But does his lift require 10" or bigger wheels?

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Rod... Tried to put stock but offset 8" wheels on after installing a Jakes spindle lift on an Ezgo....No Way...Won't Go... What I read on the BU webpage...It doesn't mention wheel size... only offset for that kit.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Are you sure he has a Jake's lift? He may have the BU lift like his post says. BU's info doesn't say 10" wheel required or if it does I overlooked it. That doesn't mean the 10" wheel isn't required though.
rotflmao.gif

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Rod... Went to Buggies Unlimited site . Went to Lift Kits....Clicked on Club Car..... Went to 6"spindle lift.... Copied/Pasted the info posted above.... This was for a "Buggies Unlimited" 6" Spindle as in his original post...

JRay

Cartaholic
Yep, stock wheels don't usually work with a lift kit on the front end.

More fun then going to the movies. :rotflmao:

jrockstangs

Well I see I caused quite the ruckus...lmao anyhow for all that were interested i used an 8" offset rim that was a 2" offset i believe with the new tires on the BU 6" spindle kit... and now its up in the air...lol can't wait to get some big boy tires on it, only bad thing is I bought a top kit for it and if i put it on it won't fit in the shed...lol :rotflmao: :wallbash: