Club Car Engine Removal:
1. Disconnect battery
2. Disconnect ground wire going to engine(should be on dipstick 10mm nut)
3. Remove 1, 1/2" carriage bolt under starter and the 2, 9/16" mounting bolts. Ty up starter out of the way.
4. Remove muffler clamp around the BIG part of it. Remove 1/2" bolt that bolts the muffler bracket to the engine block. Remove the 2, 1/2" nuts and washers from engine block exhaust port and remove muffler.
5. Remove throttle cable from governor arm on both sides.(on tranny)Bring the trottle cable out the front and out of the way. The one on the carb can stay where it is.
6. Remove yellow wire plug from oil sensor(below starter on passenger side in back.
7. Un plug the RPM limiter(should be around the dip stick area low) And thread it back to where it comes out of the wiring harness. So its out of the way
8.Remove fuel lines from carb, and pulse line from block below dip stick.
9. Loosen 4 bolts that bolt the engine to the mounting plate(not the rubber mount bolts) they should be 1/2" bolt heads and nuts.
10. Bring it foward as far as you can. Remove 2, 1/2" bolts that hold the muffler clamp bracket to the block.
11. Finish removing the 4 engine mount bolts.
12. Remove clutch using clutch tool. Now that the engine slides around, you should find a long extension to reach the 9/16" tool bolt head. Run it in with a HS impact gun. WARNING! Don't hold the impact gun on. If it does not pop off, back it out and run it in again. Repeat till it pops. If you hold the trigger, you can ruin or break the tool. Or if no impact is available, run the tool in tight, take a 2x4 about 5' long and stand on drivers side and tap it HARD,. Place 2x4 on clutch face and use the hammer to hit the wood, rotating the clutch frequently till it pops.
13. Tilt engine up and pull out through the seat hole.
These directions are for 92-96 carts. I never pulled the engine from the newer style. They bolt to the tranny some how. Not that hard to figure out once your looking. If you pull the body, Don't forget the 2 bolts under the bagwell mat.
Let me know when you got the engine on the bench. At this point, you will need to order these parts.
1 exhaust gaskets
1 crank case gasket
1 clutch side seal
clutch tool if you haven't got it already.
I will find the torque settings for the side cover bolts. Best to take lots of pictures so you know how things will go back together