Need Help Selecting Cart

jeme

Hello - I am new here! I am in the market to purchase a cart and I was wondering if some of the members might help me please.

I want a 4 seat cart for riding the hood, fishing on golf course ponds and golfing.

I have some down to 2 carts -

A gold standard Club Car Precedent or a new EX Go - not the the ac model - and I am sorry I do not have the model number.

So I am confused over 36 volt vs. 48 volt - all dealers say there is not a difference.

What are some of the main differences between CC and EZ Go besides the CC Aluminium frame?

What is a better cart? Long term what is better for modification?

I like the style of the precedent. It seems more - say refined...

I like the fact that the EZ GO can mount a radio in the dash and on the CC you have to pyt it up top. I also like the factory back seat kit on the EZ Go and how it can create a storage area.

I don't like how you have to mount a radio in a consol at the roofline in an CC - this just seems like a problem waiting to happen - with all that shaking and rattling.

OK - any comments or recomendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...
Club Car and E-Z-GO are both good carts. The 36 volt and the 48 volt carts will both have about the same speed, torque and run time stock. I like the electronics on a EZGO over the Club Car and in my opinion the EZGO is easier to work on. As far as aftermarket parts go it's pretty even but I think theirs more available for the EZGO's. It really boils down to which style you like and which cart you can get the best deal on. See what others here have to say...
It's like Ford vs Chevy...
biggrin.gif

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Welcome.
I can see from your first post that you have studied these carts. I do not think anyone here could make a better decision than you yourself.

jeme

Thank you - I was just looking for some opinions from various members on what they thought! Thanks!

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Well, you gotta understand. Me, I am spending my retired life in the best of places so one day is like another, to me. But the weather is warming up for a lot of these guys and they are out enjoying their 2 days off. So you are not going to get a lot of response until they get home and around to posting.
biggrin.gif

Besides, if you want opinions, you will want them to sober up first.
rotflmao.gif

mangoridge

welcome.gif
to board. I like EZGo. We have had ours since 2006 with one problem, the fuse fell out for the front electric locker We bought it used wiht 24 hours on it from the local exgo dealer. That is one thing i didn't check when I bought it,,,,seat the fuse's. It's well built imo. Good luck with your purchase.

JRay

Cartaholic
Stick with the big 3 CC, EZGo, Yamaha, you will be ok, they are all good carts. COPB we have heat up here, not walking arond in shorts and sandles and playing shuffle board with blue hairs like you zonies, we got a life.
rotflmao.gif

Greg Moss

Well I guess my opinion is just the opposite of some here. I really like the Club Cars. The fit and finish is so much better. The suspension on the club car is much better than the EZ go. I don't like the spindle lift kits for the Ez-go the twin a-arm is cooler looking and rides better to me. The frame is one point you mentioned, I think it's much more ridged that the EZ with the I-beam having much more strength than that thin square tubing. My self I would much rather had a 48 volt club car than any other cart. But like everyone else says it's up to you to make the choice. I made mine and it will always be the club car.

jeme

Greg - thanks for your comments - they are helpful so thanks. Which cart has the I bean frame - the CC - that is my assumption and that the EZ-GO has the steel tube?

JRay

Cartaholic
Will admit i am partial to club cars myself, But that is all i have ever owned and familiar with. My son is on his second ezgo and he prefers that brand. The old Ford, Chevy debate.

autoteacher

When it comes to quality, I believe the big three are very similar. I selected the Club Car for its aluminum frame. Besides that I never hear any complaints here in Peachtree City over any of the big three. Some of the others are of lesser quality. All three are backed by large companies with good engineering behind them. Go for the best looking, price, etc.