Need Help Have Questions About a EZGO TXT Gas Golf Cart

I need help please e-mail I have several questions on a 295 engine from a 2001 EZGO TXT gas golf cart. This is my first 4 cycle golf cart the other carts are all 2 stroke.

rusty s

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
got it :thumbsup: may be easier to call the shop i'll be here most the night.

920-528-8413

OK ,
NEED TWO INTAKE VALVES FOR SURE ! BOTH TOP AND MIDDLE SET OF RINGS WERE STUCK TO THE #1PISTON NEAR THE FAN
THE NUMBER 2# PISTON HAD THE 2ND RING STUCK. PISTONS LOOK GOOD FOR NOW DIDN'T "MIC" ANYTHING. THE CAM LOOKS OK ALSO BUT THE INTAKE ROCKER ARMS HAVE INDENTS WHERE IT HAS BEEN RIDING ON THE CAM HOW BAD IS TOO BAD?? :dazed:

WHAT ABOUT THE TIMING BELT WHEN SHOULD THEY BE REPLACED?

THANKS NUBS :thumbsup: FOR ALL YOUR HELP , AND YES I HAVE PICTURES BUT IT WILL TAKE ME SOME TIME TO LOAD THEM ..

RUSTY S

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the rocker wear is fairly common, alot of fellas just run em that way. new ones are 24.00 a piece, if the timing belt looks good then reuse it.

Thanks for the advice. I start back to work tomorrow [real job] so i will be dragging for a couple of days.
I will try to keep you posted on what i find and what happens .
thanks for the tip With "RADICAL GOLF CARTS" [PLUG PLUG] THEY ROCK !

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
well the way i see it is if one was to rebuild a engine replacing the bearing shells on the rods is part of the job. since ez go rods have no replaceable bearings and use the rod its self its not worth the risk of loosing 500.00 in parts to save a 100 if one lets go and i got a scrap barrel full of broken rods and blocks with holes in em. all parts fatigue in time and cast aluminum connecting rods were weak from the factory :twocents: