need help asap with governor cable adjustment

jrockstangs

i just put a new governor cable on my 1999 club car ds, and for the life of me i can not get the thing adjusted right...its either balls to the wall hitting the limiter or slower than can be...any help getting this cable adjusted properly would be greatly appreciated...thanks guys

jrockstangs

maybe i should also state that the cable i have has 2 nuts on the threaded rod for adjustments, i been tinkering with it for the past 2 days and still not right at all...where are the brains at guys? lol help this moron (me) get this thing straight please

shadowman

i know it will pull your hair out but its such a fine adjustment i mean like a hair or less one way or the other......and this is exactly why i refuse to mess with them......took me all weekend once to get a fussy one right...........never again.............................
cool.gif

ddogg888

with a stock cart it should be about 1/2'' out of the box( i like to tweak mine a little more)
did you mess with the gov. setting at all?

jrockstangs

i pulled the governor rod off of the shaft coming out the tranny, other than that i did nothing to it, i have since put it back on and kinda got it a little bit better dialed in but still no where near how it was before i changed the cable...thanks in advance...