need a winch

rhgc

Hey guys. Recently finished my 2003 EZGO. 650 Alltrax, 8hp motor, 2Ga cables, lift, lights and now waiting on a cargo bed. Cart has all to tourqe I could want, I'm just missing the top end. Got to controller set to max but I'm only getting about 18mph out of it. Im hoping to keep it 36 volt so I dont have to get a new charger. Only thing I can think of is to change the rear end gears. I'm afraid of loosing all my toruqe though. I do a lot of mudding and trail riding, but when im on the open road (on the way to the trail) I'd like to get there!!! Any ideas.

Also anyone ever mounted a winch to the front. if so how?!? Ive been looking for a bracket and cant find one

TDAWG

You must have at least 22" tires on that cart to be getting 18 mph out of the Beast on 36 volts. It is a very slow motor but it will pull any gear set you want with little or no torque loss. Changing to an 8:1 or even 6:1 gear set should solve your problem. Also upgrading to 48 volts will help alot. I would be interested to see how fast you could achieve on just 36 volts though.

rhgc

yup ive got 22" Carlile 489s. on it right now. probably keep them till the tread wares out. I may look into some 6:1 gears. Last time I changed gears in a cart it was a stock EZGO and with 6:1 gears it would not even pull itself onto a trailer. Guess thats why im a little nervous about them.