Need a new controller. Should I upgrade now?

Jimmyz

I have a 2002 EZGO 36 volt PDS golf cart that has stopped working. Shop says it needs a new controller. I have good batteries, 4 ga. cables and 20" tires on it. Don't care for any more speed, but would like more torque. What controller should I upgrade to if any?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
What is the problem with the golf cart now and do you know the price difference between rebuilding your existing controller and putting a new one in.
I have some pricing for new alltrax controllers and rebuilt stock controllers At least that will give you an idea of what direction you want to go

Jimmyz

Waiting for the shop to give me a price and then I'll decide if I'm going to upgrade it or not. Probably will though. Might buy your motor and controller package. If I just do a 500 amp controller is there anything else that needs to be replaced?

Diode

Stock motor! wires would be nice, solenoid but neither are absolutely necessary stock motor will be pulling less than 400 amps

Jimmyz

Can you give me a price for new high torque Controller, Motor, and solenoid? I already have bigger wires installed.

Diode

I would say check out the sponsors and do some shopping but I can’t find a sponsor button ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The link to the sponsors page in the sponsors forum at the top, in a sub menu of the abut us tab. The sponsors banners are also in the sidebar on the right side of the forum. :hattip: