my transmision is making a noise

swag4706

wallbash.gif
it drives fine in forward and reverse it just makes a roaring noise please help
thank you in advance

swag4706

its not the motor it runs like a top the transmission is roaring when u drive i was wondering if it is normal or not this is my first golf cart or what might be causing the noise it is a 97 club car ds

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It could be a bad bearing. You need to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Have you checked the oil in the trans and rear end?

swag4706

dazed053.gif
i think it is in the transmisssion when i am going down a hill and put it in neutral it stops
so is the transmission hard to rebuild my axle and transmissionshare the same fluid

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Describe the noise.
tip.gif
Back side of shifter, under seat, you can pull out and turn the cam to service mode. This will allow you to run the cart in neutral. It might help pinpoint the noise.
checkered_flag.gif
dazed053.gif

swag4706

it is defently in the transmission i took the back panel off and it is loud sounds like a car with a bad throw out bearing
dazed053.gif

shadowman

1st thing is check your fluid levels there are plugs on the pass sie i beleive...........if needed add some see what happens, i also wouldn,t drive the cart until i knew what iwas up against and then go from there.......................................
thumbup.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Does the fluid have any metalic stuff in it? Raise the cart and spin the wheels by hand in neutral. Then run it on the stand in gear. I would do some more pin pointing before ya tear into it. I'm just throwing possibles at ya.
tip.gif

swag4706

i have changed the fluid i changed all the fluids as soon as i bought it and ever think looked ok but the axel trans fluid looked like it had a little water in it the fluid was a little white