My Cart Builds

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I'm going to post pics of my custom cart builds in this thread.

This one started out as a 36 volt electric EZGO. I converted it to gas with a yamaha g2 rear end and 13hp gas engine.

Got the cart running and new super swampers cmae in,. had to put them to the test

My first time painting the body. Building a cool 4 pass sports top for it!

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I made the cart streetlegal,. thats the reason for the strobe light.

Back from powder coat. Took the super swampers off for street use. Installed 25" alltrails. I love these tires.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Most snow I can ever remember getting in Georgia.

Went to an off road park for a day of fun! I dont have any action shots though. The 13hp engine is a beast for its size.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Thats it for phase 1 of my blue cart build. I sold the cart to a guy from nashville but it was way to fast for their kids to be driving. It had 8:1 gears and would run 35mph. I had another cart build I was doing that was electric and offered to swap them once completed. 12mph is much safer for kids to be driving. They requested blue again. When I got my old 13hp gas blue EZGO back I had plans to strip it all down again to the bare frame, pull the yamaha rear end and gas components out to save for a limo project, and convert it back to electric. First I will post phase 2 pics of my old blue cart and then the cart I built to swap them.

Decided I wanted to change the look of the cart. I built a front brush guard, roof rack, and clays basket.

Made anothercage, but just installed on the blue cart for pics. I sold that to a member of another site.

Phase 2 finished. I dont have pics of the tear down or the conversion back to electric but believe me it happened. Also everything looked factory electric again under the seat once I was finished.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
This next one is the 4 seater electric cart.

Before/during fab of the accessories (Also I built the bender I'm using to build all this stuff. Originally built it air/hydraulic but then converted to electric hydraulic, its a pretty bad a$$ machine.) Making the rear bed/slide in seat.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Nice work! Nice carts! Nice pictures! Thanks for posting them...
thumbup.gif
usaflag1.gif

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Well while I'm at it I figure you all might like to see my custom hydraulic tubing bender build. I did this in two phases. Phase one is air hydraulic going pretty much straight from the plans. I used it for a while and decided air/hydraulic is too slow for my production work. Phase two I designed on my own to be electric hydraulic and roughly 20-30X's faster than the previous air/hydraulic setup. I did phase one last year and phase two just recently.

I'm 18 and broke from this expensive golf cart habbit so the only way I could ever get to have a good tubing bender was if I built it.

I got the plans for an awesome bender which was designed by Frank Takacas. The plans are very detailed, about 43 pages of descriptions and CAD drawings for every part that you build. It uses Pro Tools dies which are some of the best out there andthe one I have makes a full 180 deg bend on 1.5" tubing.
It does up to 2" x .120 wall round tubing and there are also square tubing dies available.
This thing is air/hydraulic...so you push a valve, stand back and watch it do all the work for you.
I just need to paint and install casters then it will be complete.

This is how the bender starts out

Building the swing arm

Swing arm plates before welding

The majority of the tubing cut for the main frame

Welding of the main frame

Swing arm being welded

Bracket for the hydraulic ram mounting

Pieces of the main frame

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
My first project with the new bender.

Here's a video that shows it bending one of the arms for a metal/tubing rack I'm building in my shop.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I bought all the major hydraulic parts from northern tool and tractor supply for phase two renovation of my bender. I had no, I mean absolutely 0 hydraulic experience prior to this build. I had to learn quick in about a week because I was set on doing the conversion! Thanks to help from the internet I was able to pull it off. The new setup uses a 2500psi 2.5" x 24" double acting cylinder powered by a 2 stage 11GPM hydraulic pump. I fabricated a plate to couple the pump to a new 2hp electric motor, then install a 4 way control valve and separate fluid reservoir. I chose not to go the easy way out!...no pre-assembled power units for me that would be too easy. Plus the performance I get from this system far exceeds others.

I started off by building a drop sub frame/cradle for the 24" hydraulic cylinder. The trick was installing the cylinder at just the correct angle and distance up on the swing arm to make the most degree of bend in one stroke. My new setup does about a 115* bend without having to pull the pin and reset it in the swing arm...vs the air/hydraulic plans which only allow a max bend angel of about 60* without repining.
I also built a cart for the bender and installed casters to roll it around the shop. I then fabricated a frame for the control panel which contains the 4 way control valve, hydraulic pressure gauge, 115v hour meter, and on/off switch for the electric motor. The fluid reservoir is going to be mounted up front in the square opening under the swing arm. The most difficult part was finding all the different fittings, elbows, and adapters. They add up and get expensive quick!

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Here's two videos of the new bender in action.
thumbup.gif
Pretty bad a$$.
rotflmao.gif
I was very new to this but really enjoyed the learning process. This bender has opened up a whole new world of project possibilities.