My 96 DS...here I go - finally

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
giphy.gif

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Got a call from Carts Plus about the clutches. the Drive clutch is done and I needed a new Driven clutch, they will make the modifications to it for me.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
with the 6-inch LT lift on my DS I am looking for some feedback on wheel and tire sizes. I plan to go with an All-Terrain tire. This cart will be on blacktop, gravel, and some off-road. It will not be used for jumping or racing down trails. I'd like a fairly smooth ride, not a lot of road noise, but also want something to give me some traction and that can stand-up to gravel, and support four fat guys and 200lbs of ammo. What inch tire and wheel and a width should I be thinking of? I am thinking a tread pattern like this - thoughts?
cartaholics-all-terrain-golf-cart-tires.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I run 23x10.5x12 Alltrails on 2 of my carts and their good tires with a nice ride and quiet. If you plan on driving in a lot of mud you might want something with a bit more of an aggressive tread but they'll be noisier and wear faster on pavement. As far as size goes that's a matter of preference.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Alltrails have a tread pattern like your first picture but the second picture would be fine I would think. I bought mine from All Sports and they're ITP Alltrails.

all-sports-itp-alltrail-tires.jpg

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
They did something to the Drive clutch, can't remember what they said. The Driven Clutch is new, but they did machine it and change out some of the components to help with the LT, to give it more power, and some more speed.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Guess what just showed up.....you guessed it AllSports 6" LT kit. :banana::banana::banana:I was reading through the instructions and it said, just loosen all the bolts on my cart, lay all the new parts out in order and just drive over them and they self install....how cool is that!!!??? :rotflmao:

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Also, every so often my oil light will come on, I thought it'd be as easy as unscrewing an oil sending unit, but noooooo it's some level deal and the Club Car guy says I have to pull the side of the crankcase off to replace it....thinking I ,may just deal with it. Anyone had any experience with one of these? Can I run some kind of cleaner through it?

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Started on the All Sports 6-in LT, and man was it easy, well designed and its gonna be sweet. I didn't get finished because one of the bearings was froze on the old spindle. Now that really has nothing to do with the All Sports system but what it did do was prevent me from being able to put my old hubs on this new lift - the main reason is I could not find a seal here locally.