MY 1st Yamaha G16 Custom

Grassmower37

This forum has been a huge help! I'm in the middle of my first custom and have learned a ton from all you pro's. Anyway, my first custom is a Yamaha G16. I purchased a Jake's 6" lift along with new 22" tires and 12" rims. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure it out. I've documented the progress and I'm hella excited to git er done. I do have one or two questions, I am going to perform the body work myself and will need to repair a few minor gouges. I bought a 3M bumper repair kit that seems to be the right tool for the job but I wanna make sure before I prime and paint. Anyone's help is greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance for having patients for us rookies!

Grassmower37

Alright, I researched and the repair kit by 3M works fine. I'm now sanding and priming the front and rear cowls. Is there a paint that anyone would recommend for painting the plastic parts? Here are some pics of my progress so far. Thanks for the help!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
shutup.gif
rotflmao.gif
thumbup.gif
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They are big.
rotflmao.gif

I forget what the additive is called for the paint. I usually just tell the guy ain't the paint shop what I'm painting and they help me out with the materials.

slim67

They call it flex additive or are you talking brand name? I sprayed my cart with John Deere implement green right out of the spray can and Ive had no problems with adhesion. But since its meant for a tractor that has a combination of plastic and steel, maybe it has an additive already.

Grassmower37

yikes2.gif
Oh please take the pics off and tell me how to post in a normal size!!!!
rotflmao.gif
Oh, and I have another rookie question. After I completed the lift, the engine platform is setting at an angle. Did I do something wrong or am I overlooking a spot that can be adjusted? Thanks for the advice on the paint, I'll ask them about the flex additive.

slim67

You dropped the rear of the swingarm about 6 inches when you lifted it. some people leave it that way but others( myself included) drop the front of the swingarm to level it out. My cart is a Club Car DS ,so it was easy to do. Maybe one of the Yamaha guys can tell you how they did theirs.