movement without depressing pedal

gator3

When I turn the key on and put the F/R into F it just takes off at high speed with out touching the throttle pedal and same with reverse. Only way to stop is to turn key off. Anyone ever had this problem?
Thanks in advance.
1994 EZ-GO 36V

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You need to pull up the floor mat and remove the lid on the ITS box and make sure the micro switch is good. If the micro switch is working we'll move to checking the ITS itself. Could also be the controller. There's a troubleshooting guide in the resource forum. You need to go through that if the micro and ITS are working.

gator3

I did pull off the lid to the ITS and checked the micro switch and it works. I will check the resource forum.
Thank you so much for your help. I will read that and report back.

gator3

OK I adjusted the ITS not really that out of adjustment. I found the green wire had rubbed thru the insulation but not through the wire, Seperated and repaired still moves without touching the pedal only slower then before. Could that wire short out the ITS when it touched medal? How to check ITS and control box?
Many thanks in advance, gator3.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here's a test procedure for the ITS:

To test the ITS jack the rear of the cart up and put it on jack stands. Remove the small black wire from the ITS at the controller. With the key on and the cart in either forward or reverse put the ground of your meter on the battery pack negative, slowly push the accelerator and on the small black wire at controller you should have 13-15 volts at activation, on small white wire you should have .5 volts at activation to 1.5 volts at full throttle. Test the black wire with it plugged in and unplugged.