Motor test

I have a 06 txt series project cart that I have replaced the controller and solenoid(these items were missing when I got this cart) and it still does not run.I have traced and tested wires and switches according to procedures found posted in here. I did a test on the motor by jumping the A1 &S1 and applying voltage from the 75 amp starting circuit of my battery charge to the A 2 & S2 terminals.I did have the rear wheels off the ground.This produced no results. My question is did I do this motor test correctly and will the battery charger provide the necessary power for the test.I'm starting to think this cart has a bad motor in addition to the controller it blew.Any ideas will be appreciated as I am about to use it for a boat anchor!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's a series motor you tested it correctly. The 75 amp setting on a 12 volt charger would be more than enough to spin the motor doing the test.

That is what I was afraid of.I was hopping not to have to buy a motor but that looks like a sure thing. I guess I could look on the bright side and use this as a good reason to upgrade from stock. ;)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm surprised a 2006 motor would be bad. It could just be a broken wire inside the motor. If you have a electric motor shop close by it might be worth a shot to have them look at it. Are any of the studs loose on the motor?

There was 1 that was loose enough to move a very small amount when I took the wires off, but I was watching for movement and did not let it turn but a fraction.This is the 2nd motor that has been put on this cart. The first was replaced under warranty when the cart was about 18 months old.I know this cart has a history of overheating the controller due to very slow speed with 3-4 passengers,up hill no less !There has been 3 controllers a F & R switch and at least 1 solenoid put on this thing.I will check around and see if there is a motor shop near by. I'm not too far from PLum Quick(about 2 hrs) maybe I'll give them a call and see if they will check it. I have family within 10 minutes of them so it really would not be out of the way when I go that way to stop in. How "rookie friendly" are these motors to open up? Is this something better left to a pro?