more speed

camikph

I have older (3-bolt steering) ezgo series and had converted it to a pds system, I could not find stock shifter assembly to complete cart. I do have a dcx400a controller, hd solenoid, 4ga cables on 42v with a pds stock motor and tires. Being I like speed how much more could I upgrade to get maximum speed out of this cart. I really could not determine actual speed (gps broken) but I do know it's faster than 11mph. I do have 12" low pro (not sure of offset #s) and thinking if doing a 3 inch lift just to get some height makes any sense. I know there's lots of great cart builder here and just like going fast.....and easy to climb some paved hills, right now I call it my naked cart because there's no body yet and working on getting it paint the color. Your expertise will highly be appreciated....

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
From what you describe I'd estimate you're just over 20 MPH now. The sky is the limit on upgrades for speed, it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

camikph

I guess investing in a higher amp controller, 2ga cables can the stock motor still be used? Or eventually should think of replacing.....

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Taller tires will give you more speed, but will kill some torque...
twocents.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
400-500 amps is about the max for a stock PDS motor. So I would say your on the right track with a new motor, higher amp controller and 2 gauge cables.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
we have used the 600 amp alltrax with 26" tall tires stock PDS 48 volt 32 mph

the rims size doesnt matter its the over all height in the tire.... 19 to 20 tall tire will help the top end and wont hurt much on the bottom end.....

camikph

thanks HRC, I'll definitely will invest in getting a bigger motor with controller. I'm waiting for my gps to arrived to determine the speed on this cart as is, before anymore upgrades.