more power 05 txt

swag4706

hello i am new to the ez go forum i recently traded my gas club car for a electric txt and was wondering what amp is the factory controller my brother in law has the same cart we put 4 gauge wire every were a 400amp curtis box and u could not tell a difference until he put a hd solenoid in it and it is night and day at how much more power it has i am wondering if i put 4 gauge and a hd solenoid would it help the factory controller in my cart

thanks in advance

dougmcp

You have a series cart and he may have a PDS cart (F-N-R switch on the dash).
Your series cart may have more noticeable torque with the addition of 4ga cables but nothing will speed your cart up without changing/rewinding the motor, changing the rear axle gears or larger tire diameter.
After you do that you may need a 400 amp controller to handle the increased demand.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
4 gauge cables, 500+ amp Alltrax controller and HD buss bars in the forward and reverse switch will give you a nice increase torque with a series cart. If that's not enough your cart will have the upgrades needed to go with a torque motor.

swag4706

what amp is my factory controller will the 4 gauge help and a hd solenoid be worth the money with out a controller

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The stock EZGO series controller is 275 amps. How much of a increase you'll see with a cable upgrade depends on the condition of the stock cables. Are any of the stock cables getting hot? If not you won't see much gain from the 4 gauge cables but it's still a upgrade worth doing along with HD solenoid and HD buss bars.