Monster Club Car Project

CartMechanik01

I finally found a good golf cart forum and wanted to share my "little" monster Club Car project I'm working on. It's an '83 Club Car 36v, just your standard golf course cart, at least it was a golf course cart. I work on carts for a living and lift and customize ezgo's and club cars 6 days a week but I wanted to build a little something different that my boss won't let us build in our shop.

CartMechanik01

Well I started with a 10" z bracket lift that I made that you can see in the pic, but that wasn't enough and I also wanted a-arm front suspension, so I got a yamaha donor cart and this is pretty much where I'm at. The rear is getting just a basic 4-link suspension using the rear coil over shocks from the yamaha and the link bars from it as well. I did away with the old fiberglass club car body and got a new style plastic body, front and rear, also i've got a rear seat kit that came off a g16 yamaha i think, we don't work on yamaha so i'm not for sure about all the G numbers, anyways the seat kit is going on it as well. I'm running the stock 5 solenoid setup on it with a coulple small upgrades, new heavier wires, new buss bar etc.
I should have the rear suspension done by this weekend and hopefully get it rolling on its on power. I almost forgot, it is 36" from the ground to the floorboard.

CartMechanik01

LOL...... i'm going to put my 25" stock atv tires on it , after I finish the build, the 22's were free and will work for now. I also recently found out that 15" Scion wheels will bolt on any cart, one of our secretaries scion XB had a nail in a tire, we pulled it off and put on a 12" ITP wheel and 23" All Trail tire as a joke and it fit perfect.

matt75

WELCOME ABORD. LOOKIN GOOD, KEEP THE PICS COMING
biggthumpup.gif

CartMechanik01

Update..........well its taken a little longer than expected to do the 4 link but its pretty much done now other than final welding and paint. I also got some 1/2 inch heim joints for the bars which made it a little easier. I still have to install a panhard bar to get rid of the side to side movement in the rear.

CartMechanik01

Well I really don't know, it was originally 10" but now its probably more like 20" if I were to take a guess. Its just tall. I can't put the top on it yet because it won't fit under my carport where i'm working on it, the steering wheel is at 6' from the ground......................

matt75

Im 20 mi north of Houston but did alot of work in the plants in Port Aurthur back in the day. Have you ever been to Pedros Cajun Resturant? man I miss that place, their crawfish etouffee taste so good it'll make you wanna slap yo mamma. :p

CartMechanik01

I've never heard of that place before. We rent all the utility carts, cc 252 and ezgo ST Sports, to all the plants and contractors in this area and also in laporte and the surrounding areas. I do all the service work at all the plants, and we have over 800 carts in the field. I stay pretty busy.........

CartMechanik01

Haven't worked on it much, been working on a trailer i'm building to haul my 4 wheeler that gets rode alot, especially come summertime. I'm gather parts for the steering right now, trying to figure out how to build it so it will turn pretty easy. I've gatta build some kind of a drop down rod because of how high I built it.

matt75

Ive got some BS on mine that will work until the 1" x 1.5" tubing wears out where the threaded ends of the tie rod ends go through. Im planning on changing it to rack and pinion. if you fab a u joint at the column and a u joint at the rack and put a piece of 3/4" square tubing that will slide inside a piece of 1" this will allow for up and down travel and be able to bind up to turn and it should work. they use this design on tractors so it should be ok. Im going to run mine like it is until it craps out and then rack it. I may go ahead and chrome some stuff that I was not able to afford to do the first time around sence Im going to cut a bunch of stuff off the front end to change the steering. If you have a Tractor Supply store near by drop in and look at what they have, it will be too big to use but you will get the idea.

CartMechanik01

Finally got some free time this weekend to work on my cart and got a lot done. Its moving on its on power and we drove it around the neighborhood this weekend. Its still pretty hard to steer but I found that one of the spindles on my yamaha front end is pretty seized up, it can barely be moved by hand with nothing connected to it. Anyways i'm gonna cut off the yamaha knuckles and stuff and replace it with newer ezgo parts, it should work a lot better. Here's a couple pics of where i'm at, the first pics I took were before I installed the rear seat. I've still got a lot of painting to do and a friend of mine is gonna paint the body for it. I plan on installing diamond plate rocker panels and a stainless steering column cover.still have to recover the front seat bottom and the rear seats as well but that's no big deal.