Merry Christmas

merkelbach

Hello, I have been working on a 2002 ez go dcs pos
thumbdown.gif
A friend installed a light kit to 36 volts.
punk.gif
it didnt move after. There was no power to the key switch so he jumped the key switch with 36 volts.
rimshot.gif
The cart now will move forward not in reverce
no.gif
it took me 45 min to do this note.
wallbash.gif
I checked all wires for shorts and breaks and they are in great shape. Tested the controller and was not putting power out to the key switch.
shutup.gif
Replaced the controller and same thing I hope you have help for me on this,I cant figure it out.
checkered_flag.gif
prost2.gif

merkelbach

usaflag1.gif
I have to jump the key switch with 36 volts for it to go because there is no power coming from the controller. Can you tell me the color code to the R N F switch?
prost2.gif

riverrat006

The test procedures leave out the most important step. On the back of the charger receptacle under the seat, you have your main wires for charging, off the positive side is a red wire. This wire provide power to the cart, it's meant to disconnect power when the charger is plugged in.
You have probably shorted this out.

merkelbach

biggrin.gif
So I checked the little wire in the charging wire loom and it had no power with the charger unplugged. I took the top off to find the + charge wire has been real hot before. There is a little black thing, what is it ? Can I get Something at autozone to replace it? This is so great you guys helping me, I thank you a lot.
thumbup.gif

merkelbach

lhdevil.gif
Yes but no. the black piece longer without the metal sticking out. also the wires are red and black. It might be the same thing.
checkered_flag.gif

merkelbach

usaflag1.gif
I replaced the part from a parts cart and it went. You guys are the greatest and I wil always be watching this site to either help someone or get help
thumbup.gif
I will try to post a pic of the no good part in the next couple of days.
checkered_flag.gif