Melex Motor Test

Tuffy

I tested the motor on my much older Melex golf cart (Still don't know year or Model number). But the motor spun so did tires. But it went in reverse. Is that good or bad? Do I need to change a few cable around? Or is that the direction it should go? I did try changing F/R switch. Forgot that it was not hooked up. So hoping that this is a normal issue & everything is still good to go? I don't want to fry anything or have to replace parts I have already replaced? Thanks for the help fellas & Ladies..

Tuffy

Motor is good to go & I had the cart running yesterday. I even took it down the block & back. Only issue I had was it went in reverse when forward reverse switch was in forward & when in reverse it went forwards. It was also very sluggish when coming back like it was losing battery fast. I checked batteries they for the most part were all in the 5.0 or higher. I also didn't need the key to run it. I had the positive & negative hooked up but I didn't need the key in. It just started going. I was so happy to see it I just put it in neutral lowered it & went for a ride. I'm very close. But just a few minor adjustments away but still very lost? I do know which wire diagram from the melex one I used so getting closer to finding out what the model is also? Any other suggestions?