Max. on- charge voltage for 8v batteries

golfdog

Just replaced my wiring on my 2000 48v Series cart with 3 gauge wire. Cart goes well, nice torque but the OBC seems to be confused. The first recharge switched off when the charger was still pumping out 12amps. The on board light said that it was not a full charge although the batteries were all 8.52v (tested 12 hrs after switch off). The next recharge started well enough (batteries were at 8.24v) but after 5 hours the charger still showed 10amps. I did an on- charge check and the reading was 11.10v across no.1 battery. I have never seen anything above 10.10v before so I unplugged the charger. The on board light showed that it was not a full charge. The batteries today read 8.52v Full charge. Anyone know what the max on-charge voltage should be and could the wire upgrade be responsible for the abnormal behaviour of the OBC The batteries are fresh 9mths old and have had about 30 recharges (all normal).
dazed053.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
thumbup.gif
Damn, this guys on a roll...
tip.gif

If it don't fit, then run the stock size through the obc and the larger wire around it.
thumbup.gif

shadowman

i,m surprised the cart even ran if the cable wasn,t thur the obc..........you can get the 3 gage thur you just have to crimp the end on afterwards..............................................
thumbup.gif

golfdog

Many thanks, I did not want to cut the old earth thru the OBC in case of future issues so I ran the 3 gauge direct to the controller. Will now connect the original earth back and leave the 3 gauge connected as well.
tip.gif