Making a Few Changes to the Forum

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've been making a few changes here. Just some small things here and there. In Internet Explorer all the posts text defaulted to bold and the bold button didn't work when you were posting a new message. That is fixed now so you'll notice the difference when reading posts if you use IE. I did like the bold text in all the posts but it's nice to have the bold button working if you want to hi light something. Also your signatures may not look like they did if you are using IE. You can edit them now if you want using to make them look the way you want.

If you're using Firefox you will notice all the forums and topics and stats should be a lot easier to read. They now look the same as they always did in IE. Also the user names and the info under the avatars should look better with Firefox. The bold issue with IE didn't effect Firefox so the posts and signatures should look the same as always.

I'm slowly making a few other changes so if you notice anything not working or hard to read post here and let me know what browser your using and I'll try to fix it...

BadToTheBone

I use fire fox and it looks a whole lot better. It was nice before but it jumps out at you now. I will let you know if I find any problems but so far it looks real good
biggthumpup.gif

OlBoy

I use IE at work and Firefox at home. I noticed the difference right away on firefox. It looks real good to me. Ill check it out tomorrow on IE at work.
biggthumpup.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks for the input!! At least I haven't broken anything yet.
unsure.gif

I have noticed in Firefox a couple of the drop down boxes are a little out of alignment but they have always been like that. And in IE any post with a poll the votes boxes are out of alignment.

Is anyone using netscape? Jimmy was a netscape user so he always checked out any changes for me to make sure yhey were working ok...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes Firefox is a web browser. Some people prefer it over IE. It does have a lot of addons if your into that. I use both here mainly for testing the website because FF and IE don't always display things the same. Here's a link to the Firefox website if you want to check it out, it's free...
Firefox

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I did a little cleanup on the emoticons and added some default avatars. I also wrote a code to sort the emoticons when you click show all so they should be a little easier to find. Theirs still a couple that won't sort for some reason but most of them are in alphabetical order now. Their was over 500 emoticons in the database here
yikes2.gif
I got them down to about 200 and I'll be getting rid of more that don't get used. If you come across a post that has a red x where a smiley used to be and want to post a link to it here I'll fix it.

Thanks,
HRC

gornoman

"This thread is worthless without pictures!"

Didn't we have that one before? Or was I stealing it from another forum?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Gorno, It's still on the server but I removed it from the list. It's to wide and it was messing up the show all pop up window. I'm working on that now...

Here it is if you want to use it...

pics.gif

gornoman

I copied it to my hosting site in case you are unsuccessfull in your quest.

Warmer weather is on the way!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I like that one to. I didn't want to remove it from the list but if I make the pop up window big enough to center it takes up half the screen lol...