LPG Propane Conversion for a Golf Cart

rhgc

I need to convert a 1998 Club Car golf cart from gas to propane. Can anybody help? Is there a conversion kit of something? This is for a golf cart that has to go in a papermill. I cant see gas in the mill and the electric golf cart just isnt strong enough (I dont have anywhere to plug it in and it is used a lot!!) Any Ideas?

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
You might want to check with someone who makes/services small gas generators. They often run them on LPG. Or look into what set up they use for fork lifts.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
You may want to upgrade to a V-twin Briggs that is already equipped with the LPG conversion. I have seen Small Engine Warehouse selling some 16hp on Ebay. They don't cost anymore than a regular V-twin and just think of all the power you will have!!

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I can not see why an elect. wouldn't be just the ticket. You should have electric outlets all over the mill. A lot of industry uses elect. vehicles. And they do not change the batteries as often as they should. But when ever you park, you park by an outlet and plug it in. You just have to have the charger mounted on the cart.
And an elect. isn't strong enough? They are much stronger than gas.

rhgc

im actually building this for someone. I know the electric should be just as if not stronger than the gas or lp. i dont know, im just doing what this guy wants

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
As you should.
I take it that this guy is not going to want to haul anything as the tank will be taking the lion's share of space.
Perhaps you could do something with the bag well.

shadowman

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but i was looking at portable generators and there are a few now that run off propane rather than gas. I thought this was pretty cool they claim it runs quieter and you get much more run time out of it compared to gas. That i understand but i don't think it would be any more quiet.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I think Ace may be right. But I would first try to convert the motor you have. By the time you get done big blocking and lifting to big block you would have more money than you want in the cart.