Low power and speed on hills

ag8tor

2007 EZ GO TXT that has a lift kit, front grill/headlights and large tires. I'm having some issues with low power and speed on hills with my series cart TXT. All other times the cart runs like a champ. One hour after a full charge the batteries read 6.46, 6.44, 6.44, 6.42, 6.24, 6.26 and overall 38.4V. After a one hour ride on very hilly roads the batteries read 6.34, 6.33, 6.33, 6.31, 6.08, 6.08. The last 2 batteries on the series have wire coming in from a harness that I assume runs the headlights.
Would these 2 underperforming batteries cause the low power and speed on hills? Should I connect the headlights to a different battery? If so, which battery or batteries? Can I replace the 2 batteries if that's the issue? I'm fairly new to this and appreciate your ideas and help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

Yes the batteries with the lights connected to them are low on voltage. You need to charge those 2 batteries as a pair with a 12 volt charger or individually with a 6 volt charger. It would be a good idea to run a separate 12 volt battery for your lights and other 12 volt accessories. Or switch the accessories to two different batteries every month or so.