Lost forward

scobar

reverse is fine, all wires look (did not test yet) connected and OK. I can here the soloind "click" when GO is pressed, where do you start troubleshooting?

96 DS 48V

scobar

OK, I'll test the micro swithes, question though, if they (one) were bad would I still hear the loud "click"

shadowman

how exactly did it happen? don,t panic just yet but a lot of times when you lose one direction or the other its a controller failure........but yes check the other 1st...............................
cool.gif

shadowman

Yes they started in 95........do you have a lever or rocker switch for F&R? if rocker its a 1st gen.............what color is controller? silver or black?.

shadowman

i would start at the F&R and its micro switches......also make sure no wires broke or fell off but if all is good there and with the micro switches it wouldn,t surprise me if the controller didn,t go out, it happens out of the blue...................................
cool.gif

oddpowers

Cartaholic
I might Have missed something here, but if there is a lever not a rocker, that would make this cart a series, yes? If so, the F&R changes the out put of the controller to give foward or reverse, not the controller... which would mean if he's getting reverse but no forward, it can't be the controller. Not trying to argue mr shadow, just trying to follow along here.

scobar

I'll check the micro switches, that's easy enough to do. They look like pretty common switches, but if one is bad can I simply go to Radio Shack or from a cart place. I'll post back on the switches, hopefully tomorrow. Have to do some last minute Xmas shopping tonight

shadowman

You could be right i,m not 100% certain although i have never did one myself i know i have read about it from other people with series carts?????? and yes if you need any try a cart place 1st.

scobar

Here is what I found last night, all the micros (3) are good. The F/R lever was not making a stong contact on the 4 big copper plates that slide together. It actually got hot enough to cause a little melting of the switch assembly. I'll finish repairing today and get back.

shadowman

yes that will do it, keep in mind if you can,t get it clean enough ( you want it like a new penny ) that part is available and dosn,t cost a whole lot.............good luck with it ................its always nice when its a good cheap fix.....................................
cool.gif

scobar

BINGO !!

That was all it was, cleaned everything, like a new penny, tightend all the connnectors and WOW, the thing has never been this quick since I got it!!

Thanks for all the help !