Looking for the Best Motor and Controller Combination for a Club Cart Precedent

Tbunton33

Looking for some input for the best motor and controller combination for a 48 volt 2004 Club Car Precedent. I purchased a new motor controller combo a few months ago, and I have to say I am very disappointed. The motor is a 5 hp coupled with a 500 amp Curtis controller/solenoid. After installing I lost 4 mph although the torque is better but my overall speed sucks. Here is my perimeters. I have a 4 inch lift, big tires, and 4 Brand New Hp 12 volt batteries reaching 22 mph level, uphill 9 mph. What can I do, I wasted money already so I want to do more research before jumping in the deep end. Thank you for all your input and responses. My goal is to reach at least somewhere close to 30 or more. I am getting blown away in my neighborhood with 4 adults. Sounds dumb I know but hey its my only hobby to spend money on...lol. Fast, Loud, and lit up!

Attachments

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
We need to know what motor you have the Curtis controller I quit selling for that exact reason they don’t know how to program them they only go as low as six on the field map and that is way too high for speed do you still have your stock controller If you would like you can Email me your phone number and I can go over this and a bunch other questions

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
OK the motor doesn’t say what it is probably a 3294 I have one in my cart with 22 inch tires stock controller speed code 5 And I can do 35 on the flat

Tbunton33

Dang....so all I should do is put the original controller back on and work on getting the speed code 5 installed. That sounds better then buying another controller that I can change on the fly. I will shoot you over my number soon. We need to chat.

Tbunton33

I called the original owner and was told its a 2009 vs. a 2004.. what big difference does that make if any at all.

Robertb

I went with a high motor from D&D, they will build you what you want, your controller is good. You also need to install 8:1 gears. My Club Car DS hit 30 MPH plus, and I have 6" lift, 25" tires. D&D's phone # 315-701-0635. You also need to program the controller for the spec's you want.

Tbunton33

Thanks!! I actually purchased an Alltrax and finished up installing and customized my user 1 settings..just tested it, and the results are in, 33 MPH on flat surface.. a few more tweaking and I will have it the way I want it. DIODE hooked me up!!