Looking for Info on my 80's EZGO Rear End

DickB

I have what I believe to be an early 80s EZGO. I have an 86-1/2 - 87 owners/service manual that matches my buggy, except for the rear end. The manual shows a split gearcase. Mine is one piece with a bottom differential cover. I have seen references to a Dana rear end and a T bone rear end. I am looking for a service manual to match my gearcase. The ring gear has some corrosion on about a dozen teeth. It works, but makes a cyclic grinding noise when those teeth come around. I have a line on a used rear end, but the splines are worn on the drive shaft and I would need to swap parts. Prefer not to do it blind.

20201015_182236.jpg

20201015_111701.jpg

DickB

"ring gear" not "ear" - can't figure out how to edit. This is the used unit that I am considering:

s-l1600.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you post the manufactures code of the tag by the passenger glove compartment we can tell you what year your EZGO is. Do you know what year the rear end is your looking at for parts?

DickB

There was no EZGO tag but a tag Golf Cart Systems, Clearwater FL and serial number 800990. Maybe I should give them a call.

I found a Dana rear end manual PDF which is what I was looking for. Also wnet ahead with the used unit and it is on the way. I will likely swap the ring gear, doesn't look too difficult. Alos got an '88 cart manual that has a Dana rear end, so that may be closer to the year of my cart.