Lights wanted

matt75

Well my cheerios have been pissed in again! I just found out our beloved campground weve been going to for 20 years does not allow golf carts any more unless they are streel legal. So now im looking for lights/turn signals for my ez-ho. If any ones got any thing please let me know.
wallbash.gif

Thanks, Matt

JRay

Cartaholic
That campground sell cart acc? someone is going to make money getting all those carts street legal.

matt75

If they did that would explain it. There is only about 10 carts there including theirs on any given holiday. I guess there was an accident there or something. They had a bunch of kids running around there on carts in the past.

gornoman

Just how do they define street legal? Turn signals are NOT required in any state. Hand signals are still allowed...

I know that statement will draw some heat, but the point is, check with the campground first.

matt75

the form [affidavit of fact] I got from the court house says I need:
>Slow moving vehicle sign
>License plate
>appropriate lighting and reflectors
They said I do not need any inspection so to me that means the above listed items are all i need. that means windsheild, street legal tires, seat belts, horn etc. are not needed.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What do they consider "appropriate lighting and reflectors"?

Out at are place you only need head light(s) and reflectors on the rear.

matt75

I dunno. Ill just put everything a car would require, it would look cool with all those running lights I guess. Then Ill need to put accent lighting on it while Im at it.
dazed053.gif
Oh crap, I guess Ill have to up the voltage.
biggrin.gif

matt75

Yep mines down again, the top is painted and installed, the rear seat is on and the rack and pinion steering is 95% done. I ran into a snag with the drag link flopping side to side when you turn the wheel. OOPS, didnt see that when I built it. But the corrective process is underway. Oh also new brake assemblys sittin on the table.
yes.gif

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
My first time down at my friends camper, we were riding around and got stopped by security. We were told we had to have head lights to drive around at night. So... being the good campers we are we went right over to the camp store and bought ourselves headlights...
They laughed at us and told to make sure we had REAL headlights by the next weekend.

The campground requires headlights and insurance on all golf carts.

Gonzo