LED Lights on a 48 Volt Club Car Golf Cart

cherokeewind54

Ok, I have a 97 Club Car 48 volt golf cart. I have put several regular bulb lights on these buggies, across 2 of the batteries (16V). Has anyone ever tried the LED lights and bars hooked the same way? Or do I need a voltage reducer to stay at 12VDC? Or just a seperate 12V battery for these LED'S.
I know there are several options, just wondering what you guys have run into. Thanks.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
If there made for automotive use probably would work ok. automotive charging systems are somewhat high in charging voltages.

what do the specs say ?

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
is it a high dollar led light bar????

15 volts will blow up most stereos

lights are good for a little more

not sure on the led light bar thats a question for the manufactor

cherokeewind54

Mrwicked I have to disagree, I have put many radios and lights on 36V and 48V carts with no problem. Just added 4 LED pin lights to a 48V CC, looks awsome.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
the led i didnt know for sure but yes most radios and amp will fry on 16 volts..... also look at the specs.....

now when you say 36v and 48 volts you using the 2 batt system ot you using a voltage drop inverter?????

shadowman

Yes i agree if those are true #,s i would start checking the batteries cause either one of those 2 or both of them are really low.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
i agree 2 8 volts is 16volts a fully charged 48 volt should be close to 55 volts or more and thats 9.1 volts per battery