Largest Tire Size Without Lift Kit

Poolguy74

Ok guys got my battery issue solved new4g cables and new batteries now I need to know what tire size to go with. have got stock 18x8.5x8 on it now I put turf tires on theback but not enough traction. I'm going to put them on front and replace rears. Iam not wanting to raise the cart. I have installed hd springs on rear. So what size tire would you recommend? Would like to go to 20x10x8 but don't know if they will fit

Poolguy74

it goes were I need it to already just need more traction due to a couple of mud holes. Black cumbo and red clay everywere I go. I don't sink or dig in just balls up on tires. So I see no need for it.

hitmanharleyk

you got 18's on it and you should be able to get 20's underneath it if they aren't to wide. You could also put the rear springs on top of the axle to get some more clearance like in this photo if it isn't already like this.

IMG00113-1.jpg

Poolguy74

That's what I thought to. My rear end is not flipped. I just trying to keep mcost down with having to by new batteries less than a week into this. But it is a waste if you can't make it usable.On the tire sizing is were I get confused. Iam going to put my 18x8.5x8 on the front and don't want to lose any width in the back but would like a little taller tire. just don't want to play the buy, mount , then return game because they get into the body or inside suspention

hitmanharleyk

I have 20" x 11" x 8" Badland tires on the front and back of mine. This is a cheaper tire with a wide footprint that I like. I'm guessing you are putting these on the stock rims ?

here's a pic of the front of my cart to show how wide my tires are, doesn't look like it hangs over the rims a lot. Tires are 11" wide, rims are 7".

2594703.jpg

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Look at the name, "Badlands." I think you are looking at a desert tire there. I have "Desert Duros" on a cart. The red clay cleans out real well, once you hit the pavement. I think you are looking for a lugged tire. Going overly tall isn't going to get you all that much, unless you are sinking in or are going over dead falls. Also, I think that an 11" wide tire will rub on your suspension if you do not have off set rims.

Poolguy74

Iordered a set of 18x9x8 wide spaced lugs today Gives me the extra width but looks like it will clear every thing with out off set rims. It should be all good once this is done. will get a flip seat eventually and a stereo. Just working on new battery break in now. Thanks for the help guys

JRay

Cartaholic
You can always go with wheel spacers or lug spacers to get the clearance you need with stock rims.