Killing Pedals, Electrical Gurus!

G8trwood

Well I finally had to register here……. Looking for guidance

2001 Club Car DS cart. Converted from resistor coils to Alltrax SR4800, A1, On board Lester charger and new voltage reducer.
Hooked everything up and worked perfect for about 2 weeks. After troubleshooting, it was the electronic pedal. No fuse blown, voltage still passed on green wire to Alltrax, no voltage passed to micro switch on FR switch. Replaced pedal and moved pedal off a ground bus bar to Alltrax B-.

Well three weeks later, same thing. Ran fine, parked in garage and hooked to charger. Went back a few hours later and it was dead.

Same tests run, pedal bad again. EMF from being shut down?

Diode and resistor on main coil ohm out appropriately. Any suggestions on something else to check for? Or any isolation circuit I could add to the pedal to protect it? I am at a loss and pedals are expensive.

Thanks in advance

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I'm not sure I know what you're talkin about the throttle should not be connected to B minus or the ground bus what type of throttle are you using there is no electronic throttle there's a potentiometer and a switch if you're using an mcor switch should be running off of 48 volts and the potentiometer should be zero to 5K did you install a Curtis pb6 or 3 wire potbox what throttle is the alltrax programmed for

G8trwood

Sorry for confusion and thank you for the help,

Aftermarket throttle/potentiometer/pedal, It is a 0-5v pedal from carts unlimited. (Huaxin) Pedal has switched power in (2a fuse), ground, control wire to Alltrax and wire to micro switches on FR that controls main solenoid. Alltrax is programmed for that pedal.

No error flags in Alltrax. With switch on, and the pedal cycled, it will generate 0-4.6v to the Alltrax, but No 48v power is present in the wire to the microswitch. So dead pedal, again.

Instructions originally called for pedal ground to controller B-. I had put (+) (-) Blue Seas bus bars in for the 48v connections. On second pedal I moved off the bus thinking that was the problem. Now after a second pedal toasted, I have something else going on that I am at a loss to troubleshoot.

I did not have the Summit 2 charger before or a voltage reducer, so a lot of new variables. Curious if I could be getting voltage spikes from either of these two. Both instances happened when stopped, not when the cart was moving.

Thanks

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Three wire only used two

Attachments

• DOC110-039-A_DWG-SR-GENERIC-SERIES-REV-WIRE-DIA.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 20