Kelly Controllers

Otter

I can get a good deal on these already economical controllers. Does anyone on here have any experience with these?

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
No experience yet but I'm in the process of ordering a 120 volt 600 amp Kelly controller, assembly board and 120 volt charger. You are right their prices are very economical. I have read only good things about Kelly controllers on the EV forums.

Otter

I'm going with an Alltrax 4855. I'm not getting a good felling about the Kelly controllers. Can anyone here steer me to a good place to buy a White Rodgers 586 48v Solenoid?

Otter

biggrin.gif
Thanks for the link HRC. I have another question. I noticed on my stock solenoid there is a resistor between the main posts and a diode between the small posts. will i need to use these same ones when I get the 48v solenoid or do I need to get new ones for the new 48v configuration? Sorry about the huge photos.
wacko.gif
Anyone know how to scale them down?

IMG00077.jpg

IMG00078.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
For 48 volts I always use a 470 Ohm 10W resistor. If the solenoid is rated at 200 amps or higher continuous I use a 1N5408 3A diode. This is the information I was given by Alltrax and has always worked well...

If the solenoid is rated less than 200 amps continuous you can use the stock diode but use the 470 Ohm 10W resistor...