keep up w/ BAD BOY

rhgc

Ok guys im getting ready to do a remodel on a series EZ-GO. Im trying to keep up with a Bad Boy Buggy at my hunting club. He can pull the long hills (about 1 mile on sandy, sandy soil) with no hezitation. Ive seen 1 ezgo make the hill but with major slow down. he has an upgraded motor (no idea what kind) and a 500 amp alltrax. I was thinking about a 650amp and the BEAST motor, 2Ga wire and of course suspension, F&R upgrade. Will the BEAST give me the power I need?
dazed053.gif
O Im also thinking about moving to 48 volt.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
For climbing hills in the sand the GE Beast is the way to go. With 48 volts, 2 guage cables, 650 Amp Alltrax controller, Beefed up F&R switch and a HD solenoid you'll have all the torque you'll need to hang with a Bad Boy Buggy. I've built a few carts with this set up and they are unstopable...

gornoman

If you snap an OEM axle you can build a cart for me. The hubs on the other hand are the weak link in the EZ drivetrain, electric OR gas. Apply anti-seize to the axle splines before reassembly and torque those puppies to 95 ft lbs minimum. Do not back the nut off to set the cotter pin, go on to the next hole. BTW, that is a setting 0f 1.5 (out of 4) on my 400 ft lb air impact wrench. Your results may vary.

rhgc

thx...btw built a cart not long ago...98 EZ-GO, 650amp conttroller, 48 volt, High speed rear end gears i think 6:1, and beast motor, no lift kit. With stock tires we had no problems. Maybe 2 times a year we would spin the hub....Then we upgraded to 12x7 low profile rims and tires. they had much more rubber touching the ground..........and snapped 2 axles in a month........
dazed053.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The only EZGO I had hub problems with was a customers cart with the spider gears welded. Other than that as long as you use genuine EZGO hubs and axles, and keep the castle nuts tight on the axles they hold up fine for me...

TDAWG

I agree. There are alot of Chinese hubs out there. Use only Genuine EZ-GO hubs. The new ones that I have bought recently have EZ-GO stamped into the outside of the hub. The Chinese ones dont have anything stamped.

Andy4639

I wish some one would send me some hubs and axles cause I break them just about everytime I used the Mud Buggie. The first axles were the orignals I guess and they last for about 5 years I since poped 3 axles and about one hub every year.
yucky.gif

Andy4639

I have replaced those axles more in the last 2 years than I did since I owned it. I have put Ezgo axles in it this last time and the time before that. That's one of the reasons I have detuned it so it want break anymore axles. With it tuned the way it is now the front wheels come about 4" off the ground from a dead stop.
unsure.gif