K0192 EZGo Input shaft

canoehenge

OK, I finally got the spline coupler off the armature shaft. It took welding a large 5/8" nut on and using an impact on and off to get it to finally break it loose. Motor's in good shape, cleaned it up, put in a new tail bearing, and I am good to go! Or, so I thought! Installed new bearing on the new input shaft and found that it would bind before it was fully seated in the housing.
The gears were not meshing. Input shaft is 19 spline with 21 tooth gear. LVS showed three different input shafts. I ordered one for my year model, which showed the large gear. What I got was a gear that measured 1.4" OD while the original was 1.5"OD. LVS said they probably sent the incorrect part. They were very gracious and sent me a replacement. Now I find that the replacement measures 1.530"OD. Just enough to throw the shaft off center. Has anyone else run into this problem?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It sounds like you still have the wrong part. LVS has been known to screw up orders. If it was me I'd get a refund and buy the part from a reputable dealer.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yes.gif

or cut your losses and move on, it'll never be right. Indonesia MFG is some bad stuff
twocents.gif

canoehenge

That's what it looks like to me, fellers. I got an aftermarket part made in some foreign country that is not an exact match. One thing I noticed is that the metal used seems rather soft for a gear application, also, the angle cut of the gear was not exactly right. When I laid the gear on top of the other within the case (without the bearings installed) you would expect the shaft to sit at a perfect right angle to the case. Not so! I will be calling LVS this morning to get credit and they can take back this piece of junk.

canoehenge

Thanks, hotrod
That is what I thought I was getting. You know what they say about a fool and his money. You can't ask enough questions. A lesson learned. Of course I am always invoking Bert's maxim "You cannot make anything so idiot proof that a truly great idiot cannot overcome". That is the problem with on-line ordering, it doesn't give the opportunity to ask questions of a real person.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the Internet is all about trust and....its hard to trust anybody with places like that. forums like this can help steer a fella in a safe direction
twocents.gif