Just Bought a Old Club Car Golf Cart and Have Questions

bdusted440

Hi all I just bought an old 75-81 Club Car electric golf cart and have some questions. Is there anything to watch out for on these?I bought it for $400 and had to put a couple of batterys in it but it seems to work alright. But it did sit for ten years in a garage. Any thoughts?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

Check all your connections and make sure they're all clean and tight. Keep the batteries full of distilled water.

shadowman

another thing to keep in mind is getting parts for this cart..........most parts are hard to come by so if you find any used good parts that will work i would buy then even if you don,t need them right away..........i don,t have my books in front of me but i don,t think the lifts for the newer carts will work on one that old.

bdusted440

Hey are the batteries wired pos to neg on these carts? I think I have one wired backwards as the rest of the batts are wired that way but one is facing the wrong way as far as post orintation goes compared to the rest.

CartMechanik01

I would recommend updating the forward and reverse switch to a new style. Its only about $45 and is a weak point on these old Club Car golf carts. We do have some electrical parts for the old Club Car golf carts at my shop. You can get a z bracket lift for this cart that will work if I remember right.

CartMechanik01

L A Concepts should have the lift kit for your golf cart and you can probably get it from Buggies unlimited. I would make sure everything mechanical is up to par first before putting a lift on that old of a cart. Motor, rear end, all wiring/electrical etc. What switch do you need?

bdusted440

I just wanted to say thanks for all the info guy's. I took the forward and reverse switch apart and cleaned the contacts and it works fine. I took it for a ride in the snow today. Now to modify it. I can't leave anything alone for long. :D