Is there an after market conversion kit to extend and convert the stock hitch on a 89 elec club car?


I have an 89 elec club car with basically a plate with 1/2 " Plus or minus hole in it . Is there a conversion kit that would allow for an insert that would then convert to a 1" or 2" receiver. I built a bed on mine and need to extend 6" to 8" beyond the present pin location. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :usa:


Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
We have 2 inch hitches and extensions. Are you talking about the formed aluminum piece under rear bumper? We don't make anything to fit that cause there's not enough strength in that piece. I've seen some hitches that bolt to that bracket and bolt through the angle iron crossmember. We used to make one for a dealer but that was years ago and I wouldn't sell them but to him.

Hillside Hauler

New Member
Buy a 2" Hitch tube from Harbor Freight. Cut it to slide onto existing hitch. I used grinder and portaband. Shorten it enough so that bed cannot hit it when dumping. Bolt it or weld it in place. I bolted one to a 1995 Carryall and I glued one to a 2004 Carryall with JB Weld. You cannot put a lot of tongue weight on it so that is okay. I haul everything with it and its much easier to park a trailer with Carryall than a truck.



Great Idea I can just check the draw bar on my tractor! Who said all Diode knows about is Electronics? ;) Why didn't I think of that? :dazed: :usa: Thanks diode.