Is My EZGO a Fleet or PDS Golf Cart

waynebake

Is My EZGO a Fleet or PDS Golf Cart? I have spent hours reading post here before joining up to ask stupid questions.

I just bought a 2002 E-Z-GO. I know it is not a PDS cart as the forward and reverse is located on the front of the seat in the middle. So the question is what do I have. I see post on fleet carts, That must be what I have. It would help to research if I knew what I had.

The big question is why my wife got out run by her mother on her pre 1994 E-Z-GO? I read the newer E-Z-GO golf carts should run about 19 mph and mine tops out at 13. I have new batterys. bought in march from napa. Tires seem to be inflated well. Is there anything I am missing here.

Thanks for any help and you guys have some nice carts.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

You have a fleet cart with a series wound motor. Stock the top speed is 10-14 MPH. The PDS carts wil run 19 MPH with the freedom plug installed but you don't have that option on a fleet cart.
The good news is you have a lot of options for increasing speed but they're all costly...

waynebake

Thank you for the quick reply. the more I read, I think I would need motor and probabbly controler for speed. I was thinking I should sell and look for pds but the more I read it seems that fleet cars are prefered for tricking out.

ezgogo

I am also new, just got mine last week. It was made 6/2000 and it is a PDS I believe due to fwd/rv swith in the dash. My wife clocked me today at 20, so it may as well been 19. How do I know if I have the freedom chip? And what exactly is it?

Thank you

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

The "chip" controls different setting for a PDS controller. If your running 20 MPH on stock size tires you have the freedom plug already...

ezgogo

what does it look like and where is it installed. I am not on stock tires, it is lifted with 22x10 off road tires if that make a difference and the charge was at 20% or less.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's just a plug with wire jumpers. It's under the controller cover. You can also tell which chip is installed by the beep code when you put the cart in diagnostic mode. The codes can be found in the EZGO Resource section of the forum or on the label on the controller cover.