Interstate versus Trojan battery

silverstreak

I'm going to replace my batteries (36 volt, EZGO). I've heard lots of good about Trojans, but my golf cart guy said that lots of people this summer came in and requested Interstate. He thinks they are just as good. What do you think?
Thanks.

Yamamahopper

I have been at a few campgrounds the last decade or so and if taken care of properly the Trojan batteries are hard to beat. The Interstates I have in the cart have lasted six years but now need replaced. If they would have been Trojans I would have gotten a few years more out of them. I'm planning on installing the T-105's.

dougmcp

I agree with Yamamahopper, for $35 I would stay with the industries highest rated. Sounds like there's more profit margin in the Interstates for your golf cart guy.

shadowman

there is no comparision between the two trojen beats them hands down and for 6 bucks a battery go with the proven winner.....the real difference comes in if you don,t maintain them........trojens you can bring back to life the others you,ll end up throwing them away..............keep in mind any battery is only as good as you maintain it so thats a real big deal cause even trojens if not maintained your not gonna be happy..............................
cool.gif

Have you lifted the new trojans compared to the interstates. The Trojan batts have gotten alot lighter, and the interstates have stayed the same! Doesnt that mean more profit marg for Trojan??

Interstate!!
thumbup.gif

dougmcp

That may be true from a manufacturer's standpoint, valid point.
The dealer cost from my golf cart shop guy is less for Interstates than Trojan.
IMO, they're both top tier batteries.

nstybluzx12

Well yall may call bs on me when I tell you this but my interstate battiries or at least 12 years old thats as far back as I can remeber and still going strong. I am willing to send someone a pic of date codes too verify the age too if you would like to check me but I never had a problem with them money well spent in my opinion. [email protected]

Jimmy D.

I'd agree with yamma hopper too wish I had trojans n my old txt's I got old dekka's and problems galore. One cart is coming back after adding a product called "charge it" and a "power pulse" unit.
one cart used to only go a couple hours but the thing is back to going pretty much all day!

But the other cart is giving me headaches maybe a bad battery or bad cell. I have to go through and test all the cells and maybe do a load check or test all batteries seperately slow and sluggish lacks the power it used to have on hills or it just quits and I don't know why? But I think it is a battery related problem could be selenoid or controller problem as well.

I adjusted the throttle sensor as it was set way different then in the manual and it worked pretty good for a while and then it just quit again. Maybe moisture as it was rainy today? Back to the drawing board

Jimmy D.