interesting talk with a NHRA offical tech today

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
well i called the NHRA head quarters today here in cali and spoke for about an hour or more with a tech official that certifies the cars to run on NHRA tracks.....

he gave me very interesting news.... we need to not call our carts Golf CARTS but fuel or electric vehicles only.... cause will will never let golf carts run on a NHRA track....

he told me never to call them a cart again if i want to race.... he said to follow SFI 2.7 specs for the cage and chassis build....

he also told me i will need to put a drivers side door cross bar on my green cart...

but they my not even with the cross bar be able to run on the track.....

i have been looking at the 2011 rule book and very confusing..... i will call him back tomorrow with more questions....

with what he told me today i already have to cage the helmet cage on our chassis car

from the top of the main chassis tube to the bottom for the helmet cage , if its more that 18" the helmet cage needs to be made out of 1 5/8

mines 22" so i have to re design and buy a 1 5/8 tubing die....

i will keep you informed....

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
CHECK OUT THE NGKRA FORUM FOR ALL THE POOP ON THIS SCOOP...
thumbup.gif

rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

GarageBuilt

Randy I understand what you are saying but !!!!!!! Its not about racing fuel or electric vehicles.. To me its about racing golf carts.... As of right now I can come go & race my carts as a golf cart... This sport is still very young... But without guideness or committed leadership no one will every take us seriously.. We, as in all the guys that drag race golf carts first have to come together & decide what we or which way we want this sport to go... I stand physically & financially ready to help & support the growth of golf cart racing...Randy you do what it takes for you to be able to run your cart on the drag strip in South California.. If you have to call your golf cart an electric vehicle to be able to race.. Then by all means do so & you will have my support... But I have been racing my golf carts now over 5- years.. My first cart was a 36-volt ezgo.. My cart today is a 250- volt ezgo.. And like my voltage I have seen this sport grow..I have fought & struggle to keep up but never gave up... Im into golf carts for the long run.. If the day comes that my track wont let me race then I will just come home with my golf carts & not electric vehicles...I have seen the sport of golf carts take off like the Texas wild fires... I have seen it split 4 ways to hell & back.. And I have seen it just piss in the wind... One day the NGKRA will become large enough to be able to live up to its name & have more national races.. Untill then I will just do what I can to raise the interest for now in golf cart drag racing... In October i will be in South California racing with you.. But mostly I will be right here in Texas drag racing my golf carts & having fun.... Like I said Randy.... You do what you got to do...If you have to bring the NHRA into it well hell that cant cause any more trouble than we have already been through.... But for now my home town track accepts my golf cars or carts as just that, golf carts... Good luck with all that chit Wicked !!!!