Installing Rear Seat Want to Add Heavy Duty Rear Springs

gasandgo

I have a 95 Club Car. I am installing a rear seat in back and want to beef up suspension with heavy duty rear springs. I have found some double eye springs that measure 27" from eye to eye. They are rated for 1500lbs capacity and are 4 leaf. Also the eye diameter is 9/16th inch. Is this leaf too stiff compared to the Club Car heavy duty springs? Also are the Club Car bushings designed to fit into a 9/16th hole in the leaf. I just bought the cart and would like to avoid paying the high dollar for the Club Car springs if these are suitable. Thanks for any help on this.

gasandgo

This morning I called a spring service in Fort Wayne and ask them about adding a spring. They said they keep a set for Club Cars on hand. I picked them up this afternoon and have them installed. It took a little work as I had to cut off both bolts that are nearest the motor. We haven't had 4 people on the cart yet but it does set a little higher and more firm. I think it will do the trick. I did this before I seen the post about adding a spring. The spring they made for me is thicker than the single spring that was on the cart. It cost me a little less than $45 for the pair. Thanks for your input.