Installing A Lift Kit for Hunting on a EZGO TXT

carthunt1

I have a 2002 EZGO TXT and I'm going to install a lift kit on it for hunting. Would i be better of converting to 48 volts and if so how do I and what is needed???

rhgc

For an EZ-GO 48 volt conversion you will need an upgraded controller, 48 volt solinoid (36v HD will work but could burn out quick) of course 6 eight volt batteries, or 8 six volt batteries, 4Ga cables through the entire cart, and a way of charging the cart. GORO has some pics of his cart with a 48 volt set up. with the set up he has (8 six volt batteries) you can use your 36 volt charger and a 12 volt charger. I just built my cart for hunting and chose not to go 48 volt. got a 650 controller, 8.5 hp electric motor(BEAST) HD buss bars on F&R and 2GA cables. it has all the power i need for climbing through the woods

carthunt1

thanks! i believe ill stick with 36 v then. with your cart and upgrades do you have plenty of power for climbing and torque?

rhgc

YES!!! The GE Beast motor has all the power for climbing hill you can ask for, even more torque with a 650 amp controller. The stock controller will not have the power you are looking for. I will warn ya it is not the fastest thing probably around 17 or 18 mph on a full charge, but it will pull anything you put behind it or climb any hill you are brave enough to try and climb. :thumbsup: