Increase Speed on a Gas Club Car Onward 6 Passenger

YoToddy

Pull the floor mat back and you will see a black plastic cover in the center. Remove the cover and you will see two cables. One is the break and the other is the throttle cable. The throttle cable will have two nuts on it. Loosen those out so that you have about a cm left of thread on the end of the cable. Push the cable back down in the slot and tighten up the second nut so that the cable is held in place. Put the cover and floor mat back in place and take her out for a spin and enjoy your much speedier cart.

YoToddy

It is... I purchased the same cart in March and was completely embarrassed by the 18mph it would top out at. The first time I took it out around town I actually got pulled over because the cop thought I was driving drunk and purposely driving slow! I called all the local dealers and no one wanted to help me. I had one place offer to re-gear it for $1800 and said it would get me to around 32mph. Then I found someone else on the forum that was complaining about the same slowness and that was the advice given. The first time I adjusted it, I went the wrong way with the two bolts and lowered my speed down to 13mph. Went back in and adjusted correctly and now I'm at 27-28mph and the cart takes off much smoother now too. The hardest part is that dang floor mat. It's very awkward to try and hold the mat back and make the necessary adjustment. You'll see what I mean when you adjust yours. Also, be sure to leave that cm of space at the end otherwise you'll hit the limiter and the cart will start surging and jerking. I never had that issues but one of the other users did and they said that's what their cart was doing and they had to adjust the two nuts back down. Basically there is too much slack in the throttle cable (done on purpose to keep the cart at the advertised 19mph) and by adjusting the two nuts, you are removing that slack and gaining the full ability of that Kohler motor.

dennishammer

Your a lifesaver, thank you so much. Mine is doing a whole 17 mph, flat pissed me off, the dealer where i bought it doesn't want to set it faster for warranty issues, joke

Derrick R

Thanks alot for the info...I have been looking for the combination to a speed increase since I bought an Onward in 2019.

whiteGIANT510

Your a lifesaver, thank you so much. Mine is doing a whole 17 mph, flat pissed me off, the dealer where i bought it doesn't want to set it faster for warranty issues, joke
And if they find out you adjusted it your warranty is void. The only reason I would ever buy anything brand new IS the warranty.

Dannyg247

Hey guys Im new here. Just bought a 2023 CC Onward 6 seater lifted and was able to increase the speed up to 25mph so far with a zip tie. Didnt have to alter the throttle under the mat.....found the method on a youtube video.

How do you get the engine running in the maintenance position? 2021 Club Car with Kohler engine. I tried what the owners manual shows but did not work. Dealer no help at all says a tech has to do it.

BobTX

For those who have made these adjustments, have you noticed any improvement in hill climbing performance?