identify loose wire

djohn

Can someone help me identify a loose wire on my 88 DS? It's a solid yellow wire coming out of the harness near the coil and starter. Gauge is small, maybe 16??? I'm guessing it might be to a reverse buzzer I've read about but can't find on my cart.

Very close to fixing the last of the issues with this cart - yahoo! It will be nice to sit in it and expect it to go when asked ;-)

shadowman

back of the starter? if so look st the studs on back of starter make sure the connector isn,t still there if so thats where it goes...................................
cool.gif

djohn

cart is running, charging and everything appears to be working with the possible exception of the reverse warning buzzer if equiped. There is no obvious place for this wire to go. It was either cut or snapped off from wherever it was supposed to go. Again, yellow and small gauge, about 16G

shadowman

i think the best thing is to try and get a wiring diagram...........i don,t beleive theres a wire back there for the reverse buzzer......they are up front running off a microswitch at the F&R ....................................
cool.gif