I bought a new engine!!

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I ran across this engine with one hour to go and after some intense thinking I decided to buy it.
biggrin.gif
My options were to either buy this engine or a used 14 hp briggs for the same price. Tough decision.
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Does anybody know how that speedometer hooks up and if I can use it on my workhorse? I'm afraid it hooks up to the tracks or something on the snowmobile. Hopefully it hooks up to the primary clutch.
I am so happy!

I wonder if this will mount on my big block motor mount...the one Walkntall sells.

WALKNTALL

Very good... It looks like an air cooled engine, electric start, etc. Keep us posted, especially if you use my motor mount.

I've noticed a lot of cart guys are grabbing those motors up. I'll be working on something different soon myself.

Frank

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Engine just got here.
biggrin.gif
I'm going to have a late night working on this cart. I'm not stopping until I get the engine set in to see how its going to work on that motor mount. I have to put the rear end and motor mount in first.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Time to give an update on the Arctic Cat engine install. Overall everything has been going incredibly smooth and I havent had any major problems. The engine sat on the motor mount beautifully but the clutch would rub on the left motor mount tube. I had to fab a "lift kit" for the motor in order to get it up off the motor mount. I used 2 extra thick 2"x6" long trailer receiver hitches and cut them up to work as the lift kit. Installing a motor like this just takes a lot of patience and measuring 10 times before doing anything. I will post some pictures of the engine later.

Frank you're motor mount works great for these engines! I'm amazed at how simple it went together.
cool.gif

Does anybody know how or if I can use the speedometer that came with this engine?

Oh the cart I put this in was a 95 electric EZGO that I am going to sell.
ohmy.gif
If I dont get what I want for this cart I'm pulling the motor out and putting it in my workhorse!! I like it!
biggrin.gif

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I have all of the wiring hooked up but I cant get the startor to turn over. When I turn the key the solenoid clicks but nothing else happens.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Looks good Ace. As far as the starter problem are you sure the battery is charged and all connections are good? If its not the battery or bad connection it could be the starter itself. Try tapping on the starter and see if it turns over. Can you turn the engine by hand?
ohmy.gif

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Hi HRC, I emailed the guy I bought the engine from and he said the same thing about either being a bad connection or the starter has dirt in it. The engine and starter turn over smooth by hand. You can see in the pictures how I grounded it. One wire runs from the starter mount to the frame. Then another runs from the neg battery post to the frame. I bet it is a bad connection.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the engine has been sitting a while it could very well be the starter is a little corroded inside. Hopefully its only a bad connetion... Keep us updated and keep the pics coming LOL...
cool.gif

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Ok its not the connections. I went through and cleaned every one till they were sparkly shiny. I tried tapping the starter and spinning it but the darn thing still wont turn over. Any other tests?

Keyguy

Overworked, underpaid :o) R.I.P.
Use jumper cables and go directly from battery neg. to engine block.
Go from pos. battery directly to starter post.
This bypasses everything except the starter.
smilewinkgrin.gif

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I tried it with cables...nothing. Thought maybe the battery is dead. Then I tried it with my jumper box...nothing. I look down and notice the pos jumper box cable slipped out of the clamp.
laugh.gif
Thats a brand new jumper box too.
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm going to try this again tomorrow with a new battery. I stole this one from my lawn mower thats been sitting for 2 months. LOL Theres yer problem.
laugh.gif

ubercart

To me it look like your belt is not straight. If so your are going to be throwing or shredding alot of belts!

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
They look straighter in person. I dont like eyeballing something to get it straight. Is there some way I can measure to be 100% sure?