I'm sure everyone that's attending is busy scrambling for time to get everything ready to go...I know I am!
I just wanted to give a heads up on some last minute details, just to make sure no one has any surprises when they arrive:
1) Due to a recent cancellation of one of the sponsors attendees, there is (right now) a full service RV spot open for the taking. Call Archview ASAP if you want it: 800-813-6622
2) When you arrive to Archview, please go by the Resort's registration booth immediately, so we can minimize traffic congestion. As soon as you get your spot, please park it there before exploring the Rally stuff.
3) After registering with Archview, please come by the "UTV Rally Registration" table to pick up your packet, which will have a bunch of goodies from the sponsors, event schedules, t-shirts, and more. It's important that everyone in your party comes to the registration booth, because every paid participant will be getting a wristband, a raffle ticket, and a meal ticket. If they don't come by, they won't get into any events, rides, meal, anything. Also, this is where you'll sign up for the easy, moderate, hard, geo cache, poker run, tug of war, radar run, etc. There's also a waiver with medical information to fill out, as well.
4) Vendors will be setting up from 8-12pm on Wednesday with Vendor Row opening at 1pm on Wednesday afternoon. If you're around this early, please make an effort to get around and see all the exciting new products they have on display. Plus, some of the vendors are doing their own raffles, so make sure you stop by and register for their raffles, as well. (These are separate from the UTV Rally raffles = more prizes for you)
5) If you'd like my cell phone #, please email me and I'll send it right over to you.
6) You'll notice some folks wearing Committee Member Name tags. When in doubt, ask them if you have any questions.
7) There's going to be a lot of UTV's and demo vehicles from sponsors displaying their products, a lot of which can only be realized by driving them. Please don't hesitate to ask them to drive them...they're all more than willing and want you too. You may have to let them ride yours for a little bit though.
8) If after getting there, you're not happy about something, a situation, a person, a whatever, I want to know about it immediately. I've done everything in my power to prevent any problems or issues from arising, but the reality is that something will always go wrong. If you don't let me or one of our committee members know, there's no chance of it getting fixed. If you do, I'll take care of it...whatever it is.
9) Each night, please come to my cabin with your digital camera or video camera so I can upload your pics. These pics will be displayed on Saturday night at the Yamaha's Wild West Show/Dinner/Live Band/Raffle. Please be tasteful with the pics... it's all I ask!
10) The temperatures will range from 55-95 degrees, so make sure you're prepared for each day's ride with plenty of water, sunscreen, food, sunglasses/tinted goggles, and I'd recommend some type of hat. It's a pretty arid climate, so becoming dehydrated is easy to do. If you've run out of fluids or aren't feeling good, please let your trail guides know as soon as possible. They'll have extra water, food, etc to take care of you and your family.
11) Plan on getting very little sleep...just kidding...but it's going to be so much fun you're not going to want to sleep. But, in regards to safety, drinking and riding is strictly prohibited. When we leave to go to the Bar M Chuckwagon on Saturday night and you plan on drinking, please let me or one of the other staff know so we can make sure you have a ride. It's important that we all look out for each other, and this event will be remembered by all as a great event.
I look forward to meeting everyone! Drive safe!