Hyundai Cart Help?

kurtze99

Hi, I'm new to this but own a couple of carts. I just bought a Hyundai cart(cheap) with an 8hp Briggs, I found out these are like everything else I own, hard to find parts for and unusual :wallbash: I would like to lift the cart but no one makes a lift, Iv been told these carts are similar to Yamaha but not sure. I can fab a lift but don't know if I raise it six inches if I can use the factory A-arms?? Any ideas? I'm also thinking of putting a 10hp diesel in the cart so I have clutch/drive questions too, but well take it one step at a time. Thanks!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum!!

I'm pretty sure a Yamaha G2 lift will work on your Hyundai. One of the members here (Short Curcuit) has a Hyundai and he built his own lift. He usually drops in on a regular basis and I'm sure he can help you with more info on your cart.

Short Circuit

Hey Kurt
I have a Hyundia cart and fabbed my own lift kit although I think a G2 kit would work too
I did use the stock a arms and front shocks with extenders and rear shocks off of a Suzuki quad (can't remember which one).
It is raised 6" in the front and 7" in the rear.
The front tires are moved ahead 1 7/8" or something to that effect and the swingarm is moved back 1" so the wheels are still in the center of the wheelwell with the 7" lift.
I fabricated everythingfor the cart myself.
Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, as HRC states I am here often.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hopefully it's only temporary. I just tried to log in there and get the page can't be displayed error.

Edit: The pics are working now. :)

thelt

Kurt, I don't want a radical lift. Can you tell me what's the largest tire I can put on to give it some lift? I can't go to high without choppin' the top some because it won't fit in my toy hauler if I go to high. I've only got a few inches to play with due to the drop down bed that it has to fit under.

Ga_goat

I have 20" tall tires on my Hyundai with no lift
they are 10" wide and I did have to use a
billett spacer to clear the inside wall .

YDRnate

I work at a yamaha golf cart dealer and 90% of a yamaha g2 and g9 parts will enter change with a Hyundai with the lift kits we sell it depends on how big you go on whether we use the stock a arms or not 4in stock arms 6in and bigger aftermarket a arms

thelt

YDRnate, how about custom steering wheels? I emailed Grant Wheels asking about a custom wheel for the Hyundai and got the following response:

"we have not had any calls for the Hyundai carta and have not researched them at all. If you take the original wheel off and then can get us some information on the shaft (how many splnes and the exact diameter of the splined area) we may have something that will work or we may have to tool something."

Will a Yamaha steering wheel fit?

thelt

I'm also looking to replace some of the rubber/plastic with aluminum diamond plate. Also the rocker panels. Is this something I'll have to fabricate or is it an aftermarket item(s)?

Ga_goat

I fabed all of mine it's easier than it looks

carts047.jpg